Saturday, July 09, 2005

On a Darker Note,

When I witnessed the death of my Uncle; the impact was overwhelming.That was the first funeral i ever attended ; where i actually knew the person. Theoritacally it was my second encounter with death; I was also present at my grandmother's passing away , But then I was only 6 years old & did'nt know her that well. It was a kind of reckoning for me, a sort of wake -up- call. It just goes to prove how insignificant our lives really are. I am not being pessimistic here, just very practical. Iam not saying it is wrong to enjoy the now & today of life..just dont do it at the expense of others.

Stop & think about it!

Do we really mean to do all the BAD things that we do? Is all the suffering neccessary? When you look at the big picture ..the time you spend on this planet is NEGLIGBLE. Why don`t we spend it being helpful to others? It does seem the logical thing to do...everybody knows that we all will die one day; so why not make our lives meaningful by releiving the suffering of others.

Some of you may disagree with me saying " How can i help somebody if i dont have what i have?" you argue saying that "charity is only after my needs are met".

Well then think of somebody who you probably see everyday...who has got NOTHING...unlike you who has got something but desire for more...Don`t you think he has desires too...that he has needs too....You can get what you want by just asking.....Who do you think the fellow in the street will ask?...Even if he did ask you would you help him...out of your way?

By " Help" i don`t mean give him some Bucks now..so that you can be rid of his constant pester...i mean give him something to do...Teach him something to do..So that he can earn his bread long after you are gone....

I KNOW I AM GOING A BIT ON THE WIERDER SIDE....but it's just that...viewing death upclose & personal has this effect on you that NO WORDS CAN EXPRESS!!

Don`t worry i will get back to my Entertaining Stories...

-Your Friendly Neighbourhood Blogger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home