Sunday, June 01, 2008

SQuare Hole - Round Block

Hey all,
It’s just been a long time – so I thought I’d share my brain with you.
Its been almost two months since my project work started – and frankly its not going all that well – I shouldn’t be telling you all this – but I just needed your views on this.

( Just so that you guys understand the Situation Better - A SMALL flashback of my life - I am a Fresher - i Joined a BIG Software COmpany 10 months ago and I have Been Given some work 2 months ago - WHat happened to the 8 months in between - you ask ?? I DUnno Either !! )

Firstly I don’t think this kinda job suits me – I tried really hard to fit into a routine 9-5 pattern – but I just don’t feel like its worth all the effort – You know those Kinda LEGO type building blocks small kids play with - I feel like people are pushing a round block into a square hole – unfortunately I am the round block.

Secondly my Superior ( ML or TL or wateva ) is complete moron – He is not fit for anything – ( I know that most people feel the same way about their bosses but Believe me – MY BOSS is extra stupid – I am NOT EXAGERATING !) so whenever he screws up his planning or estimation work – we ( since I am the only SE in my project ) Mainly I have to suffer. ( Not IT People Kindly adjust - Because i know i am using a few Techie terms here - But all that you need to know is that I DONT LIKE MY JOB AND I THINK MY BOSS IS A MORON )

Thirdly, I tried talking to my parents, friends and family about all this – their advice was – don’t worry – it will get better – you will start to enjoy your work soon – or – you are too young to decide. But My argument is that – Now is the perfect time for me to experiment with my life – My Family is not dependent on me – and I don’t have to support anyone – so Any decision I take is Only going to affect MY life. And secondly, My problem is not with THIS SPECIFIC COMPANY or with THIS SPECIFIC BOSS – I have an issue with authority and working with BORING- NON CREATIVE work!!

So I have decided to try and leave the company – DON’T be shocked people – its not an impulsive decision – And its not happening anytime REALLY SOON – because I have to search for alternate jobs and more importantly JOBS that INTEREST me – Actually Money is not an issue at all – I don’t even mind working without a salary in a job which thrills me everyday – instead to slaving in front of a monitor with mind-numbing labor day after BORING day. I am also not trying to offend all the brilliant people who are already working here – Its just that I am not like them – I cant imagine myself after 50 years looking back and feeling that I had a choice and I never took it.

That would haunt me till the end of life – WHAT IF I had quit ? WHAT if I had tried something else ? WHAT if I had been successful ?
WHAT IF I failed ? ( even if I fail – I want it to be because of my faults and mistakes – not because somebody else was poor at planning stuff – and at the end of the day – I want to make use of my grey cells – which I believe are dying of starvation in this line of Work ! )


Once again – I know that your brains will be filled with all the important decisions you need to take in your life – and I know that I will mostly be disturbing your busy work (LOL !! ) BUT I just needed some neutral ( ROTFL - you guys NEUTRAL ?? ) opinions so I turned to you.


Eagerly waiting for your comments,

P.S. This is one such Peek into my life - i promised earlier... Watch OUT 4 more !!

You friendly Neighbourhood Blogger,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you found your way....

before it got too late.....


follow your heart

the way will come to you on its own..

it is never too late

cheers!!!!! [hope you host a party for breaking free!!]
sometimes parents and friends just dont understand your needs because they care too much to know that you need to explore the world in order to know what is right or wrong,getting prejudiced stops learning.
don't stop now,I guess your eyes have opened at last and don't regret even if failure comes in the way,failures make you learn more than success.now that the circumstances are such that you can freely experiment then you should go for that,live life to the fullest,you will never regret a thing...

lovely blog!!!!!
take care..
rhythm

6:12 PM  
Blogger alex top gun said...

we can help you made some good money
with your blog visit us for info
( we pay for your blog post or viwe)

http://tinyurl.com/4u6zom

7:27 PM  
Blogger BlaQ said...

Thanks a lot !

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home