Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Some Lite @ the End of de Tunnel

After long hours of Rejection & Dejection...my latent skills have been given a chance to shine through...
This happened just a few days ago....I was just so "into" this story writing thing ,...that i wanted to get some Expert advice on how good my work really was.
So I turned to the one person....who i would tend to call on..as an expert in english literature...(No..not J.K.Rowling...but somebody close enough!) My English teacher at College.
At first she simply could not undestand why a student of Engineering..was so interested in writing a book ( of any sorts) . Then I had to convince her somehow...that her views on the book could make or break my Dream of being a world - renowned writer one day .
So she finally accepted ; but said that she wanted atleast two days to evaluate the material .
I had no reason to hurry ; so i agreed.
She returned two days later...with a smile on her face . She said that it was great & she had her husband read it & he loved it as well. Also she told me that she was confused ; because i had told her that i was writting a novel ,but had given her only the first chapter . She thought that this was so complete in itself that it would be a great idea to publish it as a short story . She further continued that she knew somebody who could get it published. Finally she asked me if i had any problems on publishing it.
I was flabbergasted & conveyed to her that i had absolutely no problems with her publishing it.
BUT SHE ALSO ADDED THAT SHE WAS'NT ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT IT WOULD BE PUBLISHED, BUT JUST THAT THERE WAS A POSSIBILITY.
BUT it was enough to get my spirits back up sky high.


I also have to thank you ( the readers ) for your continual support & readership of this aspiring writer.
THANK YOU ALL !!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

howdy rowdy

savin time eh?...
i tell u wat...u better try savin ur life..cause u aint gonna know wats gonna hit ya!

as for the illustration..my dog would have done a betta job wid his shit.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...I see ,you took a nice decision of approaching your English lecturer.this idea never came to me before...thanks!,even though I have only started writing some stories and poems,I want to give it a try and this is serious! I'll borrow that decision too..

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm...now the 2nd anonymous was mine ...who the hell wants to be anonymous ,because the anonymous who who use word abuse and anonymous who give decent comments appear to be the same over here!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh ....actually I meant that being anonymous is not right......err,I said that when I saw the anonymous post above my anonymous, thought you would confused between who was who? and that post had a very irritating comment ,I meant that I was more than willing to be straightforward and show who I am than hide behind a mask!
and you are right ,everyone differs in their views thanks for making me realize that! and err the story that i have written is quite intriguing,its a real life story and I don't know how you are going to view it, I am a little nervous..
anyway thanks! but read that story and tell me how you feel about it!



.if there are any grammatical mistakes or you feel that the story is quite incomplete just let me know..

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo... i see hey i will check it!!!!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home